Saturday, January 17, 2009

SPS: Lake Brownwood State Park

Today, the boy and I went to our first Texas state park, Lake Brownwood. It is not very far from where we are living here in Texas.


We found a picnic area with lots of trees.

This is a photo of the CCC built Oak Lodge. The stone work was amazing.

There was a stone walkway leading down to the water, this is looking up from the walkway towards a pavilion.


We found our way to the beach and found shells.

The entire way there I kept saying I wanted to see an armadillo, because the state park website promised deer, birds, raccoons, and armadillos. We got lucky enough to see one just as we were about ready to leave the park.

2 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

More gorgeous shots! I LOVE the one looking up from the walkway!

ASHE said...

Aahhh! I want to see a living armadillo - I've only ever seen one as roadkill :(