Friday, August 1, 2008

Tetons at Sunrise






I did not want to get up at 4:30 to see the Tetons. We were in a tent covered in frost and it was really cold. But I climbed out of my warm sleeping back, helped pack up camp, and we went to see the Tetons at sunrise. I am glad I did it, looking at the results. The sky turned a pinkish hue with sunrise and it hit the snow on the Tetons and made them super photo worthy. We saw huge herds of elk, and I managed to get a decent shot of one that was close by. I know it is early for SPS, but I will be out of town this weekend.

6 comments:

Kerri said...

WOW! What a location! I'm sooooo glad you got up to see this....so we can too!
Fabulous!

scrappysue said...

those shots are SPECTACULAR sandy! def worth getting out of bed for!

ASH's Eye said...

You know, I should've dedicated that post to you - horses and seagulls, two of your favorites!

Of course, horses on the beach are trumped by seeing the sunrise at (not over!)the Tetons :P

ASH's Eye said...

Sandy Pants, what mountain is in your very cool new header?

Gretchen said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Heather Leese said...

How Awesome! I wish I had that much motivation to get up for views like that.