Thursday, April 24, 2008

As the Sun Rises





When on my recent southern Utah trip, I would get up before the sun rose to try to find the perfect spot for the colors of sunrise. I didn't always make it, but still manged to get some great sky shots before the first rays of light hit the earth or right after they started lighting up the sky. These are from Canyonlands, and Bryce Canyon. The first and last are from Bryce. The second one is from Canyonlands, I found it very cool that the sun reflected off a small area of water in the canyon, and it was incredibly bright. The third is from the road to Canyonlands, well before dawn, the moon was out and glowing in the sky. I think these are some of my favorites, because I felt like I was the only one awake to see the world. I was often the only person around, and I felt like the world was waking up just for me. I know it sounds silly, but in that moment, I knew the world was showing off for me just a little!

4 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

O- Sand and it looks like you are showing off just a little captureing these stunning photos
:-) What a talented girl you are. thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I really like these photographs.

ASHE said...

These are awesome!!! You always did have an eye for the sunlight :)

PS: I really appreciate the Sunset Crater sign photo, its everything I'd hoped it would be, and more :) And, I got a little Sandy special in the mail today!

PSS: At least you did not try to watch the sun rise over the Tetons while they were to the west of you :P

Kerri Farley said...

Wow Sand! These are Fabulous!