Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A fulfilled promise

While on my 6 day road trip, I was driving south to Flagstaff, Arizona to take a very southern route back to Pueblo due to a big snow storm. I had my trusty atlas with me, and saw Sunset Crater National Monument not far from my planned route. So I called my favorite friend Amy, and asked her about the park. I wanted to know if it would be worth it to go, because it would be pretty dark by the time I would have gotten there. She said it seemed like a cool place and that I should go if I got the chance. She also told me to take a photo of the sign, because it was a cool looking one! I did get there pretty late and managed to see a small portion of the park, and got some interesting sunset photos. Ironic?



You can see the crater in this last photo. I have plans to go back because it is an awesome looking park and my photos of the lava flows did not turn out so well in the dark. It is on the list for my my next extended leave from work.

2 comments:

Stacey Olson said...

Sunset park, you captured it beautifully..

Gretchen said...

Those unexpected side trips usually come up with the best photos.