Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mesa Arch

Mesa Arch in Cayonlands NP is on a very easy trail that is not far from the parking area. You cannot see it from the road, but is a great site once you come down a little hill. You can walk right up to the arch and peer underneath to see the unique scene below. I also played some more with panoramas, which is the first photo below.



Just to prove I actually exist, that's me in front of the arch. I was mountain goat-ese showing off great footing on the rocks! :) Thanks to the nice Indiana couple that demanded I let them take my photo after learning I was traveling alone. They said I needed evidence of me on the trip at least once or twice!

6 comments:

Sand said...

I think I should mention, the second one is my favorite. You can tell the sky could not decide what to do...snow, rain, or be sunny!

Kerri Farley said...

Fabulous shots Sand!!!

Stacey Olson said...

Great photos Sand, and I agree with the couple that photographed you. I HATE my picture taken and usually delete most, but one day I was looking around my house, and there were NO pics of me in with my family... sooooo.. Great shirt by the way!!

Unknown said...

These are beautiful shots. I would like see this place someday!

Jeanie

Willard said...

A good collection of stunning shots!

Anonymous said...

A picture of my Sand-Sands! Seeing that made me miss you even more!